From the Beginning
The whole child
The Nursery School program at Hope Haven School focuses on developing social, emotional, behavioral and physical skills as well as academic readiness.
Our main goal in teaching young children is to provide them with rich experiences that develop self-awareness, self-confidence and make learning fun.
We have three class levels; Baby (age 3-4), Middle (age 4-5), and Top (age 5-6). Student-teacher ratio is 45:2. Every teacher is certified and provides instruction in both English and Kinyarwanda.
At each level, learning is through play where children learn to think, reason, and develop important skills using puzzles, tablets, toys and books.
Students attend class from 7:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
We aim to integrate all types of programs to provide a comprehensive learning environment.
- Discovery of the World
- Language and Literature
- Creative Arts and Culture
- Health and Physical Education
- Art and Music Curriculum
- Integrated Technology
- Mid-morning Porridge
- Clean Water
- Hygiene Training
- Proper Bathroom Facilities
- First Aid for Minor Injuries
- Medical and Dental Teams
- Biblical Education
- Twice Weekly Worship Assembly
- On-site Chaplain
- Full-time Director of Families providing care for the student’s social, emotional and welfare needs
The implementation of “learning centers” has been well received by both students and teachers. Breaking up the class into small groups of 15 provides custom and personalized instruction as well as materials and supplies for each child.
Learning centers include:
- Small group instruction including group reading
- Online learning using Samsung tablets pre-loaded with age appropriate applications
- Small group work allowing time for completion of class workbooks